4 November 2021

A to Z poetry challenge 2021 - N

 


every morning
I slip out of bed
onto my balcony
before anyone else is up
pulling across my tablecloth-made roof
partially blocking the sun
decorating my view
with block printed patterns
I see a slice of the world
through the gap
a few kayaks on the lake
clouds whizzing past
on my deck I commune
with my latest plants
peas, tomatoes, and lettuce
while watching the fountain
sputter awake with the sun
cosy in my makeshift tent
feeling so snug under
my furry rug
amongst my books
and creations
grateful for a baby day
rising up
new
2/10/21


1 comment:

  1. That is a very Nice looking Nook :-)

    Glad you enjoy the baby days rising up from that nook.

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!