6 September 2020

First week of September Space

 Hey there folks!

Another week rolls by and we find ourselves here again. Checking in with my peeps as I promised.

Yesterday was Father’s Day here in Australia, so I am delayed by a day. We had to spend time with Dad!

My first week of space has been surprisingly beautiful. Taking time for myself and having the backing of my family to drop my usual activities, like making dinner, has been mind blowing.

I realise how much of my days is busy work. By that I mean work that has to be done but doesn’t nurture my soul in any way at all! No wonder I am feeling depleted and tense.

I have started a course designed to help me tune into my sensitive body and learn to set boundaries. Apparently my sensitivity is a super power! Who knew? Too early to tell you how, but I will keep you posted.

One of the areas of life I have been addressing is my wardrobe. I went through a minimalist phase for a while trying to calm my mind and senses. My bright coloured clothing was over stimulating me, or so it felt. But now my life has calmed down a bit, I am craving more colour, so last week I went out hunting the secondhand stores for some. I found a bunch of wonderful summer prints, which give me so much joy to wear. So the colour is coming back!

Here I am dressed for my nephew’s wedding being live-streamed into our living room. (Half bright and half neutrals)


I have been able to do some crafty stuff. I had a boring pair of shoes which I decorated with an Aztec butterfly...which denotes war! Who knew butterflies were warlike?
I am using it to symbolise my new connection to my fierce centre, and also to represent the usual butterfly transformation. Aren’t they cute?


Finally I give you a poem I wrote the other day in the park.

Walking in the park
Amongst giant gums
Picking up random
Discarded cockatoo feathers
To decorate my wall
At home
Is secondhand shopping
At its finest
3/9/20

Til next time,
Keep on creating!

Lots of love,
Jazzy Jack

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE what you did to Jazz up your Shoes, they look Fabulous! Princess T does that a lot with her plain Shoes, it's bold and gutsy to Art up one's Shoes, Bravo to you both! I tend to vacillate with my Wardrobe a lot, depending on how I just feel. I didn't realize how much Black and Grey I had until I was organizing it all. But then, I have a lot of bold Prints and Boho Styles too... and I go back and forth between wearing one or the other. I like that ensemble you chose for the Wedding, it's very attractive.

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!