29 August 2020

Weekly catchup and September Space

Greetings friends!

I told myself I would try and post every weekend when I have my getaway afternoon.

I drive the car to a quiet place and sit and read, and sometimes sleep in the sun for a couple of hours.

This is the perfect time to squeeze out a post! Or so I thought.


I have been sitting here looking through photos to illustrate an idea I had, but none of them fit properly.

So now I will write a post about not writing a post! Ha!

This week has been a good one. The main points being: Cris was voted onto our building executive committee, Miles had his four wisdom teeth removed, and Aiden crashed his bike with a few injuries but nothing life threatening. And I continued to spin the plates, and adore our new home...and its surroundings. I can’t remember ever living anywhere where I constantly exclaimed over how fun and joyful it felt to live there. And we have lived in a few nice places.

This week we have had a range of temperatures, from snow last weekend to almost springlike temperatures today. Welcome to Canberra!

I am currently reading the book ‘Holy Heathen’ by Katherine North and feeling a parallel between her upbringing as a missionary kid in Japan and mine in Papua New Guinea. She is one of those sensitive intense individuals I can totally relate to. I love her passion!

Next week I start on a new adventure. I am taking the month of September off as a mother. I have booked no appointments and plan to use the time to explore my creativity in this new space and maybe do some heart searching about the way I run my life.

Hopefully there will be poetry and pretty pictures to show over the weeks and the kids will learn to support themselves more. I plan to only cook when I feel like it but am agreeing to supervise and coach if need be.

So we will see how the experiment unfolds!

Wish me luck that I don’t give in and start doing housework.

Til next time,

Keep on creating!

Lots of love,

Jazzy Jack

2 comments:

  1. OMG your Boys are growing into Fine Young Men so fast that they no longer look like mere Children my Friend! It happens before we know it, doesn't it? I'm so glad to see you Blogging again and catching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I keep catching them out of the corner of my eye and doing a double take. Especially Aiden who is newly mature. The beards are coming along nicely. Cris has given them beard goals! :-D
      xo JJ

      Delete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!