30 April 2017

Visiting the Apple Isle

 
Hold tight my lovelies! We are heading off to Hobart, Tasmania for a photovisit.
Cris and I had the opportunity to travel there for a few days around our wedding anniversary last month. So before it turns to May, I thought I would share some of our adventures.
 
Firstly we visit the point at Sandy Bay to see the old lighthouse and battery at Blinking Billy Point.
Cris was fascinated...there is even an underground secret passage.
This is a very posh area and big houses have sprung up around. But I'm not sure I'd like all and sundry staring in my windows.
 
 
 There are some interesting buildings in Hobart. Here  are a couple from the University area, one of some old silos which have been repurposed for apartments, and a fountain in a dugout roundabout which is as old as me (looks a bit UFOish to me!)

 
 
We saw some demolition, and this sculpture which hasn't made up its mind whether or not to fall.

 
 This is a heritage building in the city area, which they are demolishing. They have preserved only the façade of the first floor. The rear and the ground floor are gone. Surreal!



 As Cris is a Forester we have spent some hours in the Forestry Tasmania building. It is such an amazing space, with a forest and stream inside the foyer. We found out they are being moved out as the Forestry Department has been reduced and reduced. So now they have no one to manage their timber and their beautiful foyer will probably be made into offices. I took some photos for posterity.
 
One of the reasons we love Hobart is all the cool little sights around town. Here are a sample.
We were bemused by the steep ramp with little steps inside.
 
 
We enjoyed all the interesting boat and water views. This big catamaran heads out to Mona the modern art gallery on an island. We didn't make it there, but the boat with the sheep and cows on the back was very entertaining.
 
 
How do you like this garage door scene? What about the photo of the girl in front of the same building? And how is this for a light covering?
 
 
And of course we enjoyed walking around the water at night and seeing all the lovely reflections.
 
 

Ah Hobart, you are stunning.
 
Stay tuned for a couple more Hobart posts coming up!
 
Love,
Jazzy Jack


7 comments:

  1. Fascinating! What a lovely town, thank you for sharing - so much to see! I like "traveling" with you - you notice a lot! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed your trip down under! Yes, my detail eye is on high alert when I travel. Probably why I need to rest so often near the water, with a drink :-)
      xo Jazzy Jack

      Delete
  2. Oh my, what an interesting place! You had me at the 'Secret passage'- going into or finding a secret passage is one of my top 'want to do' things in my life! I DO hope you share pictures of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kezzie, Cris didn't take any! He said there was a locked door. Hmmm. I know, soo romantic and treasure islandy, eh? xo Jazzy Jack

      Delete
  3. I saw Lion last week and loved the wild scenery of Tasmania! Hobart looks really quirky and interesting. Hope you have a wonderful time away. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I must look out for it. Thanks for the recommendation. It is really a special place.
      xo Jazzy Jack

      Delete
  4. it looks like a very interesting place, thanks for sharing!
    besos

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!