5 November 2017

Where do we play?

Greetings my beautiful friends!

Recently I've posted a lot of photos from our beach holiday cabin, which has led to people understandably assuming we live there. So this post is designed to correct that, and give you a glimpse of our play space in our day to day lives.
We live 10 minutes walk away from a creek space which drops out of a dam holding up our local lake.
Here are a few shots of the local area. It is the wildest space in our vicinity, and while I love the beach more, it is a good second best. The bird calls are really lovely.

Taken during Winter near our lake.
 
 
Such serene reflections
 
Plenty of birds
 
Cockatoos fly around in gangs shrieking and swooping
 
Green spring blossoms!
 
Trees and water...hard to beat
 
My favourite pond below the dam
And of course I have a video to share on this topic
 
 
I hope you enjoyed your visit?
 
Til next time,
keep on creating!
 
Love,
Jazzy Jack

4 comments:

  1. I loved this! It's a beautiful natural area, very peaceful! So many different birds (unique too!). And as always, I enjoyed your video! I love how you guys match music to different episodes - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the video was like a little fieldtrip away from the construction outside. It's the first time I've seen cockatoos where they're supposed to be, outside and free - they only live in cages here. So sad. Great video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cockatoos in the wild, you can't get better than that!
    What a lovely retreat you have and you look deliriously happy enjoying life there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack,

    What beautiful photos! I enjoyed my visit immensely and one day hope to see all your speacial places with my own eyes. Just by looking at the photos, I can see that our home areas have some similarities. We also have a lake that we enjoy walking or running around, though yours is bigger than ours. And just like us, you have exotic species of trees as well as the beautiful bush. And birds. Yes, I like listening to the bird calls too. I especially love the second photo because it shows you and the golden light shining through the trees!

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!