31 December 2021

A to Z poetry challenge 2021 - Z

 


only once
in my lifetime
have I made a friend
who has stuck
through all the years
from my twenties
til now in my late fifties
she has been there
through my marriage
my sickness
my childlessness
my healing
my child-fulness
my parenting
our travels
to different homes
across the world
our friendship
has waxed and waned
with contact
and less contact
but always 
we right ourselves
and get back on track
something calls us
to each other
currently it is on Zoom
we connect
once a month or so
telling tidbits of life
laughing a lot
encouraging
sharing our sense of humour
our memories
fizzing across the ether
to each other
a miracle
17/11/21


1 comment:

  1. I love this poem and I can relate. It only takes one when it's the right one!

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!