27 September 2020

Saying Goodbye to Leeway

Greetings my friends!

Well, this week saw the end of an era in our household. We said goodbye to our beach cabin “Leeway” which we have owned for four wonderful years.


This was sad and also perfect timing.

So this last week saw us popping down to the beach for one last goodbye to all our favourite haunts and emptying out the cabin. (Not that we can’t visit the haunts again one day.)


Since then I have been trying to find space in our already small apartment for all the duplicate pantry and toiletry items brought back. I’ve become a ninja squirreller!

Every time I empty out a bag or box onto the kitchen counter I despair of ever finding homes for them all. And when the bench is cleared I do a happy dance and feel like a superhero!


Such are the joys of my life right now. I have to find joy this way as my September Space month has been somewhat invaded by this slightly unexpected early selling of our cabin. Seems there is more of a demand than we realised for portable cabins.


We are really happy she is going to Mogo not far away to a family that was burnt out in the fires. How cool is that? And Mogo is a super sweet little town. 

Looking back we have been reflecting on all we have achieved since owning Leeway. The reason for buying her was to give Aiden a place to feel safe (due to his OCD) and to be able to explore the world. It required superhuman courage for him to do the car journey at first. But each successful trip built on the one before, and now he and Miles are doing their own road trip together in their own car and loving it!


Here is a link to a YouTube video I made when we first bought Leeway. To give you an idea of how we felt about it!

https://youtu.be/XKqbG-RmB1c


I was moved to write a poem about the beach on the last day, but surprisingly it was about a first.


climbing the sand dune to the sea

on the first day of holidays

is a magical moment

that first glimpse

that breath catch moment

on reaching the top

and spying the blue

stretched out

like a glistening tablecloth

before me

24/9/20


And here is the last glimpse through the fence.



May she have many more happy years with her new family.


Stay tuned for more adventures focussing on Heartwoods our bush getaway which was burnt out in the fires. We have plans...

Til next time,

Keep on creating!


Love,

Jazzy Jack



2 comments:

  1. Great send off! Thanks for the memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farewells are always bittersweet but it sounds like you have a Peace about your Buyer really needing your Beloved Cabin. I felt that way when I transferred the Historic Home to it's new Buyer and that means a lot. I feel challenged now we have downsized the Main House to find adequate Space too. I know I have to Purge more and yet Minimalism isn't my thing at all. *LOL* The Boys are now Men and it's wonderful they take Road Trips together in their own Vehicle now. Once Independence comes it gives us Parents more Freedom too.

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!