3 June 2021

A Foraging Life


Greetings friends!

I return to regale you with some of my foraging experiences.

Recently I’ve been reading a fascinating book from the library called ‘The Foraged Home’.



Where people regularly forage the natural world for items to decorate their homes.


Even down to foraging for seaweed and making beautiful artworks. (Seems like a cold job!)


It’s made me realise how much this is a natural style for me. Others might laugh at my lack of knowledge of myself. As a I look back on all my experimenting with dye and my collecting of leaves and feathers.

Here are some photos of my experiments and my collecting.

In our current house we have a wall behind the kitchen which I’ve decorated with random leaves and feathers collected on walks.


I made a little hanging artwork out of feathers which was going to be the first of many and I was going to place them in the trees in the park during Winter to delight passers by. I only ever made one and I liked it too much to let it go. So it now hangs on my buffet door.



On another buffet door hangs my Christmas wreath made from feathers, wire and beads.
Keeping company with our old cat’s collar. We hear the bell jingle as we open the door to remind us of him. Aww!
 We miss you Smart-Blue.


At the front door I have showcased a bamboo frond I cut off our plant.


And here are some links to previous blog posts where I display my eco dyeing and some of the ways I used it.

 http://naturalmedley.blogspot.com/2016/01/natural-dyeing.html


http://naturalmedley.blogspot.com/2016/04/ecodyeing-uses.html



Okay that’s all for now.

Isn’t the natural world wonderful?

Do you forage too?


Til next time, 

Keep on creating!


Lots of love,

Jazzy Jack




3 comments:

  1. Yup, I do. Nature is so beautiful, why wouldn't we want to bring some home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I'm catching up on Blog Reading since now I'm sure I NEED to find that Book The Foraged Home too! Swoon! I Love that Style of Decorating, the Naturalist in me has gravitated to that in this Home's Decor moreso than ever before. I knew you too had a passion for Nature and Decorating with it, we are indeed Kindred Spirits my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Just ordered that Book on E-Bay, they had one left from a Seller near me, thanks for profiling it Jack!

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!