13 September 2024

New Life

Greetings to a new season.

Yes, it’s Spring! (Here in the Southern Hemisphere)

I am feeling all full of new life with the warming weather and new growth.

I am reminded of one way I try and make myself feel awake and full of life, daily. On our daily walk we encounter a set of stairs which takes us down to road level. It just happens to have a double handrail down the centre which makes it perfect for sliding down and holding on tightly at the same time. So most mornings I emerge to the road, having just slid down the banister, with a big smile on my dial! Talk about starting the day right :-)

Another way of starting each day on the right foot I employ is to dress up for my walks, which I mentioned last post. There’s something about putting on a pretty outfit complete with cute accessories that really do it for me. We sashay around town with our dog arm in arm, stopping at a cafe to have a cuppa and a chat, walking home around the lake noticing any changes in the weather or waves, watching as the bird population ebbs and flow, and chatting to any neighbours we pass. It’s a pretty great life.


I think the Spring energy found me yesterday, because I took a 10 kilometre hike. It felt like the breaking of the fast over Winter, and also my recovery from some niggling issues. We have emerged from our fallow time along with the rising of the light. My friend reminded me, we are almost up to 12 hours of daylight now. I am feeling the effects of the long walk today, but not as badly as I’d feared, so that’s a great way to start a new season.

I’ve taken to doing blind drawings i.e. drawing while not looking. Here is one I did with a blossom.


I recommend the practice as it takes all the pressure out of making something realistic, and you just get to have fun drawing. I find it nice way to start my creative day.


Dear baby leaves

Welcome to the world 

As you hang there

In all your fragility 

Your lime green light

Bathing the world

Do you know

How we look at you

And smile?

Telling us of life

Continuing on

A beacon for us

To follow 

Lifting our minds

Into the skies.

30/9/23 





Til next time,

Keep on creating!


Love,

Jazzy Jack



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Wollongong doesn't have many springing plants (at least not from where I usually haunt) but seeing the new season though this post is magical!

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!