6 September 2024

Some outfits I have made recently

 Hi all!

Welcome to my fashion parade.

Recently as I was working up to starting my blog again, I thought it might be easier to show my outfits.

So I set up a tripod near the front door and used it with a phone mount to quickly take a photo as I walked in from my morning outing.

Every morning Cris and I go out to a cafe with our dog Winter to exercise her (as we live in an apartment) and to spend time together. Cris says he is retired in the mornings. On the way home we walk near the lake and admire the nature. It’s a lovely habit. And I tend to dress up a bit for the fun of it. When we return home our apartment is so warm I usually get around in Summer gear.

So here are some examples of my recent Winter outfits (we live in Australia).

I’ve started out with a few things I’ve made. This first one is an old thrifted blanket that I made into a Japanese style apron. It is sooo warm. It was a mockup, but it’s turned out so well I have it in my normal wardrobe. I may dye it one day when it gets too filthy. I hand stitched it and used some old ecodyed silk to highlight the pockets.




The next item is a granny square vest I’ve been enjoying. Giving my outfits some colour during Winter.
I made the squares for a blanket for our bed, but ran out of patience, so put them together this way instead!
Oh yes, I also knitted the gloves I’m wearing.



This is actually a failed renovation. I bought this lovely woolen Men’s dressing gown for $5. I coloured in the piping with its distinctive white and navy. But every time I wore it it still felt too much like a dressing gown. Even though when I look at this photo it looks fine! So I was going to play with it a bit more but realised it isn’t on the straight grain and that threw me so much I chucked it in the fabric pile to be used another day. Maybe I’ll make it into a skirt.


I love this item which I knitted, I call the strangled octopus. It is able to be worn many ways, and just gives boring jackets a bit of personality.


I have a hat I knitted with a brim and I find it is super useful on windy sunny Winter days. So I thought I would crochet another one out of my head. Well, it was nearly a disaster! But we persevered, and although it is a massive hat, it did come in very handy when I went to the seaside.


And we finish with a few “normal” ones!




I hope you enjoyed that fashion show? Can you hear the cool music in your head and all the applause?!

A phrase I call my theme music is “Shine on you crazy diamond”. Maybe that is playing in your head right now?

Have a wonderful week my friends.

Til next time,

Keep on creating!

Love,

Jazzy Jack

1 comment:

  1. Aha, finally I can see the results of all those photos you've been taking. Our little corner is very photogenic (or is it your outfits that make it feel more lively?)

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!