12 December 2015

Recycled Christmas

Christmas greetings...well almost. We have just finished school (homeschooling here we come!) and I seemed to be working toward the last day of school as my deadline, so I'm pretty much ready now! Although I'll probably live to eat my words :-)

I promised Beate I would put up a photo of our door wreath. Ta Da!

It is comprised of recycled bent coathanger and a few pretty offcuts of fabric from sewing adventures.

A friend gave me a bag to play with...I'm getting a reputation!

"Here, have my rubbish!" No, just joking.

And here is our recycled bed base garden sculpture tree. Also seen here last year.

Mr Actor is carefully adding the finishing touches while Smart Blue watches his serfs work...although momentarily distracted by potential invader birds at the bird bath and fountain. It's a constant battle, but warrior Smart Blue is up for the task!

Actually he is an indoor cat, but he still manages to bring live mice into our living room from his heroic hunting in his outdoor cage and in the roof. Yes, he prowls our roof space.

Bushy managed to get our "tree" to stand up. I gave up after a morning of struggle deciding I would never be patient enough to balance rocks on the sea shore!

We have also decorated our outside pine tree with the junky baubles, and it is nice to see the sparkle as we drive around the corner.

And gave Noddy our guard sculpture a Snoopy scarf!

Are you too embracing "tacky" this Christmas?

'Til next time, keep on creating,

Love,

Jazzy Jack

 

17 comments:

  1. Christmas is the perfect time for tacky ... that's for sure :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, love, for presenting the door star!!! :-)
    it is - like all things you´r touching with your talented hands - fabulous! love the outdoor baubles!
    hugs! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet, fun decor! I love that you guys take things outside, so to speak. There's something so beautiful about honouring Mother Nature in that way during this magically lovely time of the year.

    Big hugs & joyful holiday season wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much easier to do in our mild climate! Xo Jazzy Jack

      Delete
  4. I've been looking for an idea for our front door and that coat hanger star is so sweet! I think I may try it myself...gotta go find my glue gun. ;)
    Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to inspire! Happy holidays to you too! Jazzy Jack

      Delete
  5. Ha, I have very happily given over all Christmas decorating responsibilities to the kids - they've just done the tree today actually. Love your tree sculpture, and that is one handsome cat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always so happy when I see outdoor decorations! Good for you! Yeah the tacky stuff. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Love it all. Quirky and full of holiday cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so fun! Your home is so alive with all the things you guys make! We decorated our tree this weekend, so much more cheer in this dark time of year. I admire the folks' imagination to bring in more light during winter, which is pretty much common in every culture - no one wants to live in the dark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you embrace fun at your home. I am not fun at all. I shun tacky. I adore tasteful. I'm pretending that's a rebellious thing. I am also rather good at balancing rocks and I balance them on my fireplace mantel. I am not, however, any good at catching mice. I wonder what Christmas decorating in summer weather would do to me. I suspect I would announce that rocks and shells are Christmas decor...well aren't they? xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jazzy Jack,

    I have a pile of long sticks we collected from the bush the other day. I now know what I'm going to do with them! I hope my tree will stand up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely visit you and see your creations. Noddy looks very proud of his suit. Smart Blue has to keep every thing in check ...birds, mice, and his serfs! D&M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative household , I love imaginative decorations so much more meaning than store bought ones.
    Wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jazzy Jack,

    I made a Christmas tree using branches from the bush! Thank you for the idea. I had great fun putting the tree together. I kept thinking of more and more things I could add to the tree. It's dripping with lights. I can't wait until it gets dark so I can see them properly!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kitsch is always Cute... and much more Imaginative and less Boring. Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!