12 May 2018

Mother's Day love



Today I want to publicly celebrate my Mum.
These photos are of her with Miles and Aiden a few years ago now. She is such an awesome Grandma to my kids, and what more can a mother ask? You have taught me how to be a Mum.

Mum is always on the end of the phone to chat when I need some counsel. She is wise and steady and gentle with a quirky sense of humour. Mum also is a great portraitist of various leaves and flowers she finds on her walks. She is expert at finding beautiful things and finding joy in everything.
I often reach out to her to help me see things from a calmer perspective because she has positive thinking down!
Mum is also great at talking to people and helps everyone she meets feel special. She even does pastoral care to those in need at her retirement home.
Mum and Dad's house is a warm, calming space with cups of tea at the drop of a hat!
Here is a poem I wrote that reminds me of her.

We all hang 
On a spider's wing
A translucent thread
Floating on music
we first heard
in our mother's womb
Singing of fighting and chances 
and holding on
...swinging on love.
27/07/09

My parents are great sports. You may remember this post a few years ago.

I adore you Mum!

And I hope your Mother's Day is as special as you.

All my love,
Jazzy Jack

6 comments:

  1. Aww... what a lovely tribute. Moms like yours (and you) make the world work. They deserve more appreciation and respect than they get. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching tribute. Your Mum sounds just as caring and thoughtful as you are and the photo of her and your Dad is just fabulous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Beautiful Tribute Jack to your Mum... and I just Love that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you is not enough for such a generous, loving post. It's very moving for me. To have been blessed with a beautiful daughter who constantly amazes me with your giftedness and sheer courage and love is more than you know. We adore those 2 also amazing sons too. Love always Mum &(Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely post and a great tribute to your Mum but also you in how much you value her and, from what you say about her nature portraiture, she is a huge influence on you!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post about your parents and how they've made a difference in your life and your kids. The photo of them is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!