21 December 2020

Old chest, new wreath, beans and poem.

Greetings folks!

What do you do when you find an old asian linen chest near your rubbish bins? You open it of course. And gasp when you find it still contains embroidered linen which hasn’t been used. Some sheet sets, pillowcases and napkins. About six sets of napkins. No one uses them any more, 

So we took it upstairs and made it work in our lounge room where it brings some gravitas and interest.

We plan to move our linen into it and use the linen closet shelf for my craft items.

I am madly planning what you can make linen napkins into.

We removed the old faux carving and polished it up.






I made a new wreath for our front door out of some old jewellery wire, some leftover beads and some random feathers I collected. I love it. It is very me.


Here are some of the beans we grew on our balcony this year. The poor old plants were beaten to death by the wind, but the moth eaten plant produced some lovely beans. Doesn’t this photo on our bench with side light from the window look like an art work? The bench is a handy colour.


And finally I wrote a poem about my trees, so I hope you enjoy.

I love walking the lake
Amongst the trees
While they chorus
With the wind
And catch the birds landing
On their strong limbs
Seeing them dance
Wooden trunks bending
And swaying
Providing safety for creatures
Like cicadas
To change their clothes
Doing it with grace
And beauty
With calmness
Which they spread
To all around

May I be like a tree
18/12/20



Til next time,
Keep on creating!

Love,
Jazzy Jack 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a beauty! Early in the pandemic I also spotted an old steamer trunk and restored it. Good projects for a bad time. Congrats on staying creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Score on the Asian Chest and it's Contents! Those leaning Trees are so interesting... here some of the Palms near Power Lines lean like that to get away from the Electric Current I suppose, so they grew away from it. I suspect those Trees might be leaning in that direction due to Wind currents being strong? Your Wreath is my Style too and your Bean Harvest is enviable, I have yet to grow anything here to Harvest but I'm trying my hand at some Garlic, since it sprouted before it got used so why not?

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!