27 April 2014

Another Award!!


I want to start by thanking the wonderfully awesome Shawna of the Director of Awesome for nominating me for this award. I am honoured that she would consider me a great reader and team member.
I have enjoyed Shawna's blog for a while, but mostly I have enjoyed her comments on my blog, because she was the first person outside my family to comment! You can imagine the excitement in our household when her first comment, all the way from the other side of the world, winged its merry way into my blog :-)
Shawna is a powerhouse of blog discovery, and in my humble opinion is doing a massive effort supporting new bloggers, in spite of her difficult circumstances. Shawna I salute you!

So...


The Rules
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.



2. The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc.

3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.

4. The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.

5. The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: ”A Great reader is…”



*********************************************************************************



A great reader is ...

one who comments, obviously, and explains how they reacted or related to my post.
I think we all know this. I dont require comments to be upbeat and funny, although that is fine too. Sometimes I feel more in contact with my readers when they explain how my post made them feel vulnerable.

Now I just have to explain something...I've not had that many readers leave comments, so I don't have 14 people to nominate.


Here are some who have stopped by...



This has been a valuable exercise for me, because I had forgotten how many people have touched base with my little blog. Thanks so much!


The other result I've had from these awards, is that people see my name in a list on a blog they follow, and click on it. My readers tripled on the days I was listed. So thanks again!
Now I just have to make sure I am a good reader for others!

I will leave you with a couple of shots of my outfit today. This is the toned down me!


Me and my shadow!


Now sit up straight!

'Til next time, keep creating!
Jazz













4 comments:

  1. Congratulations toned down yet sitting up straight supporter of bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award! and thank you for your lovely comment, your outfit is great btw! your pants are amazing x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toned down you is still very lively and fun. Thank you for your kind words and support, Jazz. It is so amazing how through our blogs we can make contact with and friendships with women around the world, sharing creativity and support. I always enjoy your positive attitude and sense of fun and now I can also admire you skills at sitting up straight! ;-)

    My experience with people on the spectrum is that they often don't like to be touched. I will send you hugs if you are comfortable with them. At least cyber hugs are less invasive. ;-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Serious Sitting up Straight Skills here baby!
      Thanks for the hugs. I don't mind hugging friends, just find the timing tricky :-) You're so right, the internet is amazing!

      Delete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!