18 April 2020

A to Z Writing Challenge - O for Om


Sitting cross legged
On the sand dune
Contemplating
The universe
And this moment
I look up
To see people
Disobeying the rules
Walking their dog
On the wrong part
Of the beach
At the wrong time
Of day
My hackles rise
I judge
Then I catch myself
And talk myself down
Telling myself
To get my nose
Out of others' business
That everything is perfect
It's not my place to criticise
Maybe there is a reason
They need to be there
Just at that time
Or they didn't see the sign
I can only live my life
And leave them to theirs'
So I drop my gaze
Back to my navel
And chant
Om
18/4/20

2 comments:

  1. I'm having an 'Om' moment everyday and saying to myself that it's not my business and that probably there is a reason to people behave the way they do. Deep breath!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more OM Moments Jack, I find myself bristling when people aren't doing what they should as a collective conscience when so much is at stake. I know I should not sit in Judgment of them, but when it's Life and Death, it is hard... it's not like usual if someone is civilly disobedient now.

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!