27 April 2020

A to Z Writing Challenge - V for Valiant




Here I sit
Late at night
Trying to find
Some words within
To fill a small poem
On the letter V
Only 5 days left
To finish our challenge
A to Z we said
And now regret
Our gung-ho commitment
At the start of the month
Champing at the bit
To have a go
And find some
Unusual poem topics
But now it feels
The well is dry
And all my ideas
Are about the virus
How many more poems
Can I write
About something
I really want to forget
But maybe once more
In our daily lives
And on the page
We will make a valiant effort
And carry on
27/4/20


1 comment:

  1. Valiant is a good V Word and I don't think you've run dry, your Well runneth over my Friend, you are an excellent Writer!

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!